For the first time, from September 3-5, 2017, one of the world’s leading independent Android developer conferences, the Droidcon Berlin, will be held co-located with the IFA. At the conference, more than 1,000 software developers and experts are expected to discuss technical aspects and innovations related to the operating system and its applications.
The Android operating system developed by Google has a market share of more than 80 percent according to figures of market research company Gartner, which concluded the ressearch by the end of 2016. It still is the most successful mobile platform for smartphones worldwide today. The operating system has become an essential element for smart home solutions, such as “smart” washing machines and refrigerators, as well as internet-capable televisions, and is used by numerous IFA exhibitors in their products. This makes it an essential basis for the growing importance of Connected Home, thereby being a valuable asset to the IFA.
“Droidcon Berlin opens up new possibilities for both sides. IFA also provides an opportunity for exhibitors to let their Android developers gain extra knowledge and present their products to other Android development teams”, is how Boris Jebsen, who established Droidcon, explains its benefits. “At the same time these projects can provide other Android developers with fascinating insights.”
Droidcon Berlin 2017
3 – 5 September 2017
CityCube Berlin, Hall A, Room A1-A3
About Droidcon Berlin
Droidcon remains the leading independent platform for Android developers and its conferences provide software developers to exchange through the mobile operating system at the highest technical level. Correspondingly, 90 per cent of the conference visitors are software developers. The Droidcon was founded in Berlin in 2009 and is now present in 20 countries with subsequent events. In addition to Berlin, the largest Droidcon conferences are held in London, New York and San Francisco. Since November 2016 the Droidcon has a branch office in Beijing therefore is also represented in the Chinese market. Droidcon‘s business partners include Microsoft, Google, Sony, Intel, Facebook, Twitter and Amazon.
Eating & Drinking
Enjoy delicious food and drinks, offered by favoured restaurants and hip bars in Berlin.
Whether traditional or extraordinary, whether local or international. The gastronomy-scene of Berlin is international, manifold, original and dynamic. Furthermore, Berlin is the capital of the gourmet chefs.
In the evening
Discover famous locations as well as small places, where sometimes even celebrities are to be seen.
Berlin is offering ideal places for relaxing after a hard working day. But there are also alternatives: cosy clubs, famous scenes or nice attractions. Enjoy a dazzling night life, which leaves nothing to be desired.
While you are there
Get to know attractions, which are definitely a must for every Berlin visitor.
Berlin has a lot to offer. There are of course the famous attractions, as well as small and undiscovered places scheduled. Be surprised of the wide range of Berlin`s highlights.
Discover seldom found locations and unique activities, which you will never forget.
Are you looking for activities or locations, which are unique and special? Find small shops, exciting guidances or an evening program of extra class. You won`t find it anywhere else.
About the images
- IFA 2017: Droidcon Berlin – Android developer conference co-located at IFA: CC0
- brandenburger-tor-IFA GLOBAL MARKETS EXPERT TALKS: Opportunities in sourcing: cc0
- EXPO 2017 to Hold Roadshow in European Countries: Flickr / Dmitry Kalinin | CC BY 2.0
- WASSER BERLIN INTERNATIONAL 2017: More innovative – more informative – more international: (Photo: View into hall 5.2 / wasser-berlin.de)
- IBEX Announces Panel of Judges for 2017 Innovation Awards: CC0
- AI EXPO 2017 finished with incredible success!: Pixabay
- Paul Horn Hall just in time for the CMT in Stuttgart: Messe Stuttgart
- The third edition of the World’s No. 1 IoT event is here!: CC0
- PERFECT BUNKMATES | ANALYTICA ANACON INDIA, INDIA LAB EXPO AND PHARMA PRO & PACK EXPO SHARE ONE LOCATION: analytica Anacon India Messe München | Messe München
- Webasto at the IAA: Press Release Webasto
- DMEXCO CONFERENCE PROGRAM 2017 ANNOUNCED: administration
- IFA: LG confirms a smartphone with curved OLED display: Flickr / Kārlis Dambrāns
- Messe Muenchen Luftaufnahme 1: Messe München | Messe München
- SOLUTRANS 2017: EXPECTED SUCCESS!: Pexels | CC0
- Smart shopping: what are the latest innovations in store?: Pixabay | CC0
- Optimism and confidence in the animal protein sector marks the opening of the 13th TecnoCarne in São Paulo: Pexels | CC0
- oils+fats leverages boost from drinktec: CC0 | CC0
- Gamescom 2017: Microsoft revealed its program: Gamescom/Kölnmesse
- Milk discovers its diverse facets: CC0
- spoga horse award 2017: These are the nominees: CC0
- 51. CADEAUX Leipzig once again an indispensable platform for the retail trade: cadeaux-leipzig.de
- Kids go crazy for e-mountain bikes: CC0
- Exhibitors double space for FESPA Eurasia 2017: CC0
- Nominees unique youngstar 2017, Rollingtable, Gregor Stober & Johannes Bauer: Kölnmesse
- Gerolsteiner Logo: Geroldsteiner
- The 12th AIRTEC, always one step ahead: CC0
- Caravan16_JV6689: Photo: Messe Düsseldorf, Constanze Tillmann. Exclusive Exploitation rights with Messe Düsseldorf, Messeplatz, D-40474 Düsseldorf, www.messe-duesseldorf.de
- inter airport Europe 2017: Trend of the “interconnected airport” opens up new possibilities for the airport industry: cc0
- Wolfgang Weyand will reinforce the Musikmesse and Prolight + Sound Team at Messe Frankfurt Exhibition GmbH and take the helm of the Business Relations & Entertainment Department. In this position, he will be in charge of the entire complementary programme of events of Musikmesse and Prolight + Sound – from special information, networking and professional development events for trade visitors to the entertainment programme at the Exhibition Centre and in the city. Additionally, he will liaise with the trade associations and be responsible for communicating with external cooperation partners. In will report to Michael Biwer, Group Show Director of the ‘Entertainment Media & Creative Industries’ Business Unit.: CC0
- India Preview: Agritechnica
- efa 2017: Turn the Spotlight on for energy-efficient lighting technology: Leipziger Messe GmbH / Fotograf: Martin Klindtworth / fotomartinklindtworth.de
- ISH China & CIHE 2017 gathered a record high of 61,612 visitors – an 18.2% increase from previous edition: hk.messefrankfurt.com
- pexels-photo-382297: CC0
- INCOMPAS to Debut Single Annual Trade Show in Fall: cc0
- From the Start-up Village to the World of Experience: dmexco 2017 is entering the busy phase: cc0
- New highlights in the MEDICA programme: cc0
- The network for trade and its partners: Grand Plaza is going into its second edition at EXPO REAL in 2017 and is now enlarged with the addition of six new exhibitors. Trend topics like e-commerce, the boom in outlet centers and the shopping centers of tomorrow are examined at Speakers’ Corner.: http://www.exporeal.net | Messe München
- Hollywood sign: cc0
- Statue of Liberty: CC0
- internationales-rahmenprogramm: Photo: Messe München | Messe München
- Leonardo Exhibits At IDEX and NAVDEX, Promoting A Wide Range of Security, Aerospace, and Cyber Solutions: Pixabay
- SAVE THE DATE. BIE – BIOMASS INNOVATION EXPO 2018: Pixabay
- Master Builders Solutions® at BetonTage trade show in Neu-Ulm: Flickr / Health Gauge | CC BY 2.0
- CIA Roadsign Langley: Flickr / Ben Stanfield | CC BY 2.0
- EuroShop 2014, The World´s Leading Retail Trade Fair: Photo: Messe Duesseldorf / ctillmann
- Isabell Werth, DSP Belantis (Foto: Stefanie Schrader): Stefanie Schrader - Equitana.com
- #COSMOPROF NORTH AMERICA HIGHLIGHTS PROFESSIONAL #BEAUTY WITH “DISCOVER PRO BEAUTY” Las Vegas: David Stanley / Flickr | CC BY 2.0
- Exciting insights into an industry with a promising future – renowned employers introduce themselves – IDS as a career kick: The Career Day of the International Dental Show (IDS) 2017: La Citta Vita | Flickr | CC BY 2.0
- Huawei to Showcase Latest ICT Innovations at CeBIT 2017: Kārlis Dambrāns / Flickr | CC BY 2.0
- TrendSet has sustained its international orientation.: Trendset
- IMM Hallendurchblick, Passage 10/ 4: IMM Kölnmesse
- BAU2017_pl0034: Messe München | Messe München
- New southern section of Messe Düsseldorf: MEDICA also benefits from the renovation: Messe Düsselorf
- Visitors to Iran’s Agrotech Agropars farm exhibition will have the opportunity to find out more about Agritechnica, the world’s leading trade fair for agricultural machinery that takes place every two years in Germany.: Agritechnica | CC BY 2.0
- gamescom (22 to 26 August 2017) is the world’s largest event for computer and video games. Tickets are coveted every year and sold out in advance sale long before the start of the event.: Fiesta Tickets by Martin Lewison / Flickr | CC BY 2.0
- CDN solutions group to focus on digitalization in CEBIT Hannover 2017, Germany: Flickr / Patrick Heinecke
- Paris Skyline: Flickr / Moyan Brenn | CC BY 2.0
- Power Hoops: Flickr / Vladimir Morozov | CC BY 2.0
- SWM2016_ch0932: AlexSchelbert.de / Spielwarenmesse eG
- EuroShop11_1217J: by Messe Duesseldorf
- New York Taxi: CC0
- 1:0 for good vision in school sport: Flickr / USAG- Humphreys | CC BY 2.0